top of page
Building Houses


Building and Renovating

Please note that it is necessary to obtain a permit even for minor alterations. You can apply for a building/demolishing permit at the municipal office in Moonbeam or in Kapuskasing at:

The Municipality of Moonbeam

53 St. Aubin Avenue, 

Moonbeam, ON P0L 1V0 

The Town of Kapuskasing

88 Riverside Drive, 

Kapuskasing, ON P5N 1B3

You can access the application online here.

Related Documentation

For Zoning By-law information, for example for yards, heights, area and permitted use requirements, contact the municipal office by phone at 705-367-2244 or by email at

Consult the Zoning By-Law of the town here.


If you have any questions concerning building, renovation, demolition permits, please contact Francois Pelchat at 705-337-4462 or Jon Beadow at 705-337-4263.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if you don’t have a building/demolishing permit?

If you start construction but do not have the necessary permits, you may be ordered to stop work; you could be prosecuted and even ordered to remove work already done.


How long does it take to obtain a building/demolishing permit?

The time required for the processing of a building permit application is prescribed in the Ontario Building Code:

  • Houses and small buildings with no dwelling above another: 10 working days;

  • Most buildings of up to 3 storeys and less than 6,460 square feet: 15 working days;

  • Most Complex buildings of over 3 storeys or over 6,460 square feet: 20 working days;

  • Post Disaster buildings such as fire halls, police and ambulance stations: 30 working days


The above time limits may not apply if any prescribed information is missing.

bottom of page